Printed by http://osterode-harz.city-map.de/city/db/011301091101/community-of-elbingerode

Community of Elbingerode

The town Elbingerode, with its only about 488 inhabitants (effective 2004), is located between Hörden and Hattorf and belongs to the joint community Hattorf.

Image Copyright: Michaela Wille

The first historical mentioning of Elbingerode was recorded in the year 990 and the town could celebrate its 1.000 anniversary in 1990.

A wooden commemoration sign at the town entrance reminds at this great occasion.

Image Copyright: Michaela Wille

The St. Petri-church on the church place in Elbingerode existed since the year 1750/1751. A different church (seemingly in the Schmiedegasse) was first recorded in the year 1228.
In the church of Elbingerode you find old treasures like the Gothic cross on the altar, the Petrus figure outside across the south entrance and also the baptising stand made from wood.

The sports hall in Elbingerode also serves as a multipurpose hall. Events take place here regularly. In February, the big carnival ball is being celebrated, which is very popular.
Next door is the fire service appliance room located.

city directories
Search